Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Will my customers in the EU have to start paying VAT in their country? Post Brexit


My company is not VAT registered and nowhere near the threshold.

We buy our supplies and materials from UK based companies, assemble into a product and post worldwide straight to customers. Normally I just go to the post office, fill in the customs form and send it. Do I need an EORI number? Will it matter that I'm not VAT registered, or force me to become VAT registered? Will my customers in the EU have to start paying VAT in their country? The company is a tiny "cottage industry" type operation (effectively a hobby and is registered with Companies House as an LTD.

I now have an EORI number. It took I think about three minutes to get from the HMRC website, using the same login that it is used to submit our annual corporate tax return. Now that we have an EORI number it will be interesting to see if it ever gets used. In the online letter that comes back it says that it is important to only ever disclose our EORI number to an agent who is filling in a customs declaration on our behalf. So currently if I walk down to the Post Office and post something to an EU country I fill in the CN22 myself; there is not agent filling in a customs declaration on my behalf, so no need for the EORI. Maybe one day I will need to use a different courier who will ask for it, but so far in four years this has never happened. Anyway getting the EORI number was super easy so it doesn't really matter if in never gets used.


If you move goods to or from the EU You need an EORI number to move goods between Great Britain and the EU. You’ll not usually need an EORI number if you only: • provide services • move goods between Northern Ireland and Ireland If you use a post or parcel company they’ll tell you if you need an EORI number. You’ll need an EORI number from an EU country if your business will be making declarations or getting a customs decision in the EU. Get this from the customs authority in the EU country where you submit your first declaration or request your first decision. https://www.gov.uk/eori

Related Post Brexit Trade Questions and Answers

Import of transport boxes for shipment of human tissue samples - Post Brexit

How to Export Lactose Powder to EU - Animal origin - Post Brexit

Will animal-derived enzymes (e.g. porcine pancreatic lipase) need to be imported/exported through UK BCP's?

Speeding import in the receiving EU Country - Post Brexit - Import Duty

P2P - Exports from the UK via Dover - Post Brexit

Export from UK Direct to EU Hospitals or Private Health Clinics - Post Brexit

When will guidance be published regarding enforcement of EU rules for food labelling in Northern Ireland?

Import - Export Products from Switzerland - Post Brexit

Short term workers coming from UK to EU - Post Brexit

Responsible Person - toiletries and cleaning products - Post Brexit

Exporting goods already imported from the EU or from where they have an FTA - Post Brexit

Import - Export to and from the EU Post Brexit - VAT and Tax Questions

NCTS Slowness - Post Brexit - Import - Export

CHIEF Overloaded Post Brexit - Delay with EU Deliveries

Will my customers in the EU have to start paying VAT in their country? Post Brexit

UK rules to determine country of origin - Post Brexit

Will dried herbs and spices require phytosanitary certificate for each order? Post Brexit

Importing - exporting frozen prawns to and from the EU and UK - Post Brexit

Importing - Exporting Meat Products to and from the EU Post Brexit

Organic shipments arriving in to the UK will require a specific organic certificate for each arrival - Post Brexit

Phytosanitary Certificate Requirement to import to and from the EU - Post Brexit

Transit procedure GB to NI via IE - Post Brexit - Export - Import

Service Providers to Export and Import to and from the EU - Post Brexit


Post a Comment


Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement